The Rangers have dominated baseball in Texas, with the team defeating the Houston Astros in their past six meetings. The Rangers will go for another series sweep against the Astros when they take to the diamond in Arlington Thursday.
- The Rangers are 9-1 in their last 10 games at home.
- Rangers SP Colby Lewis carried a perfect game into the eighth in his last start.
- Astros SP Lance McCullers has a 4.93 ERA in nine road starts this season.
Over the past six games between the two Texan teams, the Rangers have outscored the Astros 45-26. Many of these games were close though, with the Rangers squeaking out three wins by one run.
Colby Lewis will start for the Rangers, who is 3-0 in four starts against the Astros this season despite posting a 4.40 ERA. Houston will counter with Lance McCullers, who has never made a career start against Texas.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Texas Rangers as 102 underdogs on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bodog.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Rangers to win this game 4.7-4.4. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
78-67 Texas battles the Astros, currently with a 77-69 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Texas vs Houston injuries news.
The Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros odds would favor the Astros if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Texas is rated No. 16 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Houston is at No. 4.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Texas Rangers and its No. 5-rated batting order, averaging 4.46 runs per nine innings, against the No. 11 line up of the Houston Astros at 4.36 runs per outing.
Houston brings the No. 4-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Rangers’s No. 24-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston was routed on Wednesday at Globe Life Park, having a 14-3 loss put on them by the Texas Rangers in baseball betting action.
- Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Houston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
- Houston is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Texas
- Texas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Texas is 9-1 SU in its last 10 games at home
- Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Houston
- Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Houston
Next Betting Matchups
Houston home to Oakland, Friday, September 18th
Texas home to Seattle, Friday, September 18th