If you want to see runs galore and pitchers dreading their existence, then you should be watching the Texas Rangers and Oakland Athletics series continue Wednesday. The two teams have gone OVER in eight of their past nine outings with an average of 12.6 runs per game. In just their two games so far this series, the Rangers and A’s have combined for 35 runs.
– Shark Bites
- The Rangers are 11-2 in their past 13 games as underdogs.
- Rougned Odor is just 2-for-21 with six strikeouts in his career against Sonny Gray.
- The OVER is 7-2 in the A’s past nine games with Sonny Gray as the starting pitcher.
Derek Holland will hope to end his recent struggles when he takes the bump for the Rangers. Holland has posted a 6.81 ERA in his past seven starts with leftie not seeing the end of the third inning twice in that span.
Sonny Gray has been inconsistent – at best – this season, but has dominated the Rangers during his young career. Gray – who has a 5.34 ERA this year – is 7-3 with a 1.92 in 10 career starts against the Rangers while averaging 7.0 innings pitched.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Oakland Athletics were listed as -150 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 8 earlier at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.4-3.9 win for the Athletics. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Oakland Athletics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
27-37 Oakland battles the Rangers, currently with a 40-25 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Oakland vs Texas injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 23-rated Oakland Athletics and the league No. 3-ranked Texas Rangers, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark .
Offensively, the game matches up Oakland Athletics No. 23 ranked offense (4.05 runs per game) against a Texas Rangers defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 13 at 4.32 runs allowed per game. The Oakland Athletics have been averaging 8.7 hits per game, less than the Texas Rangers have managed so far this season (9.06 hits on average).
Texas brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Athletics’s No. 24-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rangers enjoyed a 10-6 victory at the expense of the Athletics on Tuesday, with M Perez throwing 7 innings of 9-hit ball at O.co Coliseum.
- Texas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Texas is 13-4 SU in its last 17 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Texas’s last 5 games
- Texas is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Oakland is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Oakland’s last 6 games
- Oakland is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games at home
- Oakland is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Oakland, Thursday, June 16th
Tagged with: feature