The Texas Rangers put together the best record in the American League in the first half of the 2016 MLB campaign, and they’ll look to pick up where they left off against the Chicago Cubs on Saturday.
- The Rangers are 1-5 in their last 6 overall.
- The Cubs are 0-6 in Hammel’s last 6 starts.
- The UNDER is 5-2-1 in Darvish’s last 8 starts overall.
Yu Darvish and Jason Hammel are slated to get the start for the Rangers and Cubs, respectively. Darvish (2-0, 2.87 ERA) is making just his fourth start since returning from Tommy John surgery that cost him all of 2015. Hammel (7-5, 3.46) is winless over his last last six starts dating back to June 4, going 0-4 with a 5.94 ERA in that span.
The Cubs are 3-0 in interleague play this season and have won five straight against AL opponents dating back to last year.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 7.4-2.7 result in favor of the Cubs. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs sport a record of 54-35 heading into this matchup, while the Texas Rangers sit at 54-37 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Texas injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 24-ranked Chicago Cubs and the No. 27-rated Texas Rangers in this matchup.
At the plate, Chicago owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.7 per game. By contrast, the Texas Rangers are rated No. 10 in the same category at 9.09 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Texas owns the No. 16-rated road mark, allowing 4.49 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 10 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Texas didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by K Hendricks in a losing cause, 6-0, against Chicago on Friday.
- Texas is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Texas is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Texas’s last 10 games
- Texas is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- Chi Cubs is 3-9 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi Cubs’s last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Chicago, Sunday, July 17th