The Edmonton Oilers have been getting by first and foremost thanks to their high-powered offense, but scoring has been hard to come by at Rogers Place. The Oilers and their opponents have averaged a combined 4.2 goals per game in the past five games in Edmonton, with the UNDER cashing in each of those outings. Edmonton will be the backdrop when the Oilers take on the New York Rangers Sunday.
- The Rangers are 6-1 SU and against the puckline in their past 7 games.
- The UNDER is 9-3 in Edmonton’s past 12 games.
- Rangers’ RW Kevin Hayes had a goal and 2 assists against Edmonton earlier this month.
The Oilers are on the verge of their first three-game losing streak of the season Sunday. Overall, November has not been kind to the Oilers, as they are 2-3-1 since the start of the month with both wins coming against teams without winning records.
If the Oilers want to end their losing streak, they will likely need to stop Rick Nash. Though the Rangers’ winger isn’t performing especially great lately, he has three goals and four assists in his past four games against Edmonton.
New York Rangers vs Edmonton Oilers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Edmonton will face the 11-4-0 Rangers. In totals betting, the Oilers are 6-9 in over under betting so far this season while the New York Rangers are 9-5-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Edmonton vs New York injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings at Odds – Shark
show the No. 2-rated New York Rangers taking on the No. 16-rated Edmonton Oilers in this contest.
The game also pits Edmonton’s No. 8-ranked offense, averaging 3 goals per game, against a Rangers defense that ranks No. 5 at 2.33 goals allowed. The Oilers power play is averaging 18.6% while the Rangers defense kills off 82.93% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rangers were a 4-1 winner in their most recent outing on the road against the Flames. That made winners of bettors who got New York at -138 on the moneyline, while the total score (5) was good news for OVER bettors.
Last time out for Edmonton, they were a 3-2 loser as they battled the Stars at home. Moneyline bettors who got the Stars at +163 were rewarded, while the 5 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
- NY Rangers is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- NY Rangers is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of NY Rangers’s last 5 games
- NY Rangers is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Edmonton is 8-3 ATS in its last 11 games
- Edmonton is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Edmonton’s last 12 games
- Edmonton is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Vancouver, Tuesday, November 15th
Edmonton at Anaheim, Tuesday, November 15th