The Baltimore Orioles have become a ridiculously good UNDER play with the club failing to top the closing total in 19 of their past 21 games. Those 21 games have seen the O’s and their opponents combine for an average of 6.9 runs per game. Baltimore rounds out their series with the Texas Rangers Thursday.
- Wade Miley will be the first left-handed pitcher to start for the Orioles this season.
- The Rangers are 7-21 against the runline in their past 28 games.
- The Rangers are 3-9 in their past 12 games at Camden Yards.
Wade Miley will make his Orioles’ debut after being acquired from the Seattle Mariners at the trade deadline. Miley has struggled in his rare starts at Camden Yards during his career with an 8.03 ERA and a 1.70 WHIP in three trips to the mound in Baltimore.
A.J. Griffin has been solid so far this season, but the Rangers have supplied the righty with some fantastic run support. Texas has scored 5.85 runs per game when Griffin takes to the bump, which is the 13th best run support in the MLB.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Texas Rangers listed as underdogs of 118 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 9, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Rangers to win this game 3.8-2.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
61-45 Baltimore battles the Rangers, currently with a 62-46 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs Texas injuries news.
The Baltimore Orioles sit at No. 24 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Texas Rangers sit at No. 27 on the same chart.
The game also pits Baltimore Orioles No. 9-rated offense, averaging 4.72 runs per game, against a Texas Rangers defense that ranks No. 21 at 4.67 in runs allowed per game. The Baltimore Orioles have averaged 9.01 hits per game so far, more than Texas Rangers batters have averaged on the year (8.93 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, Texas owns the No. 12-rated road mark, allowing 4.47 runs per game on the highway. Baltimore, on the other hand, rates No. 6 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Texas didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 3-2 to Baltimore on Wednesday at Camden Yards.
- Texas is 6-17 ATS in its last 23 games
- Texas is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Texas’s last 6 games
- Texas is 5-12 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Baltimore is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 19 of Baltimore’s last 21 games
- Baltimore is 16-8 ATS in its last 24 games at home
- Baltimore is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Houston, Friday, August 5th
Baltimore at Chicago, Friday, August 5th