Offense has come at a premium in the Texas Rangers’ most recent games, as the team and their opponents have combined for an average of 6.1 runs per game in their past nine outings. This has been a boon for totals bettors though, as the UNDER is 8-0-1 during that span. The Rangers will continue their home-and-home series with the Colorado Rockies at Coors Field Tuesday.
- Mitch Moreland and Nomar Mazara will be in the Rangers’ lineup after not playing Monday.
- The Rockies are 5-17 in their past 22 games against the AL West.
- The Rockies are 12-4 against the runline in their past 16 games.
The long ball has been causing A.J. Griffin plenty of issues since returning from the DL, as the righty has surrendered at least one home run in each of his eight starts since coming back from injury. In Griffin’s last outing he allowed three solo home runs while lasting 5.2 innings.
The DL seemed to negatively affect Tyler Chatwood as well, as the Rockies’ pitcher has a 4.94 ERA in his past six starts since returning. Coors Field has been specifically bad to Chatwood with the righty posting a 5.54 ERA in his past four starts at home.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Texas Rangers before the first pitch in this match found them as 106 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 12 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.1-4.8 win for the Rockies on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Colorado Rockies bring a 55-57 record to the battle against the 66-47 Rangers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs Texas injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Colorado Rockies rated this week at No. 3 and the Texas Rangers sitting at No. 14.
At the plate, Colorado owns the No. 3 ranking for hits at 9.33 per game. By contrast, the Texas Rangers are rated No. 9 in the same category at 8.96 per game.
Texas brings the No. 18-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Rockies’s No. 27-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rangers enjoyed a 4-3 victory at the expense of the Rockies on Monday, with C Hamels throwing 1 innings of 1-hit ball at Coors Field.
- Texas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Texas’s last 9 games
- Texas is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Colorado is 12-4 ATS in its last 16 games
- Colorado is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games
- Colorado is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Colorado’s last 23 games
Next Betting Matchups
Texas home to Colorado, Wednesday, August 10th