Once Guy Boucher realized all hope of winning Game 4 was lost, he pulled Erik Karlsson from the contest and gave him some extra rest. There was some question about his ankle but it doesn’t look like there’s any way the Swedish superstar misses the pivotal fifth game in Ottawa. The Senators opened as the underdogs for the ninth straight game and if the teams in this series continue to hold serve, the Sens will improve to 7-3 as moneyline dogs this postseason.
– Shark BITES
- The Rangers (3) have more puckline wins as favorites than any other team in the postseason.
- Craig Anderson has allowed 12 goals in the Sens’ last 3 games (.878 save percentage).
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of the Rangers’ last 5 games on the road against the Senators.
New York has looked the better team the past three games now and with all the momentum now pointing in their direction, the Senators will have to have a good first period today to get their legs under them and to get the home crowd behind a struggling team. Ottawa was one of the best teams in the NHL at holding the lead in the regular season so scoring the game’s first goal today is imperative for the slumping Sens.
You can look at Henrik Lundqvist’s numbers and point to him as the reason for why the Rangers came away from MSG with two wins but he was not challenged with many good scoring chances and his stats were a little inflated. Ottawa will have to get a little more creative if they want to beat a goalie that’s stopped 98.5 percent of the low-danger shot attempts he’s seen this postseason.
Guys like Mark Stone (one point this series) and Mike Hoffman (two points this series), who have been invisible, need to step up and contribute today. If they do, and Erik Karlsson plays his standard 25 minutes, Ottawa is a good play and they should head back to the Big Apple with a 3-2 series lead.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to side with the Ottawa Senators in this one found them earlier as 104 underdogs on the NHL money line at Bet365. Betting the over under total instead? It was hovering near 5 at its open earlier today at BetOnline and may have moved.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 3.9-2 victory for the Rangers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Ottawa Senators are 50-31-11 so far on the season. The New York Rangers, meanwhile, are 54-30-8. OVER/UNDER betting fans have seen Ottawa go 35-50-7 and the Rangers go 42-41-9 on the totals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Ottawa vs New York injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 18-rated Ottawa Senators and the No. 12-ranked New York Rangers, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark.
Offensively, the game matches up the Ottawa Senators No. 22-ranked offense (2.58 goals per game) against a New York Rangers defense that ranks No. 11 at 2.62 goals per game allowed. The Senators powerplay has clicked at a 16.9% rate while the Rangers have a 80.93% rate on the penalty kill.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- NY Rangers is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against Ottawa
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Rangers’s last 5 games when playing on the road against Ottawa
- NY Rangers is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- NY Rangers is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- Ottawa is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against NY Rangers
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Ottawa’s last 5 games when playing at home against NY Rangers
- Ottawa is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 games
- Ottawa is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
Next Betting Matchups
New York home to Ottawa, Tuesday, May 9th