Fresh off a huge comeback victory on Wednesday, the New York Yankees will try and make things easier on themselves when they once again take on the Texas Rangers on Thursday. The Yanks were down 7-3 in the bottom of the ninth before erupting for six runs en route to a 9-7 victory.
- The Yankees are 0-7 ATS in their last seven games during the afternoon.
- The Rangers are 5-1 SU in their last six games on the road against the Yankees.
- The total has gone OVER in five of the Rangers’ last six games with a closing total of 9.0 or more.
A.J. Griffin (3-0, 3.08 ERA) and Michael Pineda (3-7, 5.51) are expected to get the start for the Rangers and Yankees, respectively. Griffin missed six weeks with shoulder stiffness but returned on Saturday and allowed two runs and four hits while striking out six over 4.5 innings against Boston.
Pineda has only allowed one home run in the month of June, boasting a 3.00 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 30 innings of work in that span. Pineda has yet to top the Rangers, going 0-3 with a 5.04 ERA in four chances in his career.
OVER bettors tailing the Yanks have been profiting of late. The OVER is 8-3 in New York’s last 11 games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the New York Yankees in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -139 at BetOnline for Thursday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 9 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Yankees to win this game 5.2-4.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees sport a record of 38-39 heading into this matchup, while the Texas Rangers sit at 51-28 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Texas injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Yankees rated this week at No. 14 and the Texas Rangers sitting at No. 12.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 22 ranking for hits at 8.32 per game. By contrast, the Texas Rangers are rated No. 9 in the same category at 9.1 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Texas owns the No. 7-rated road mark, allowing 3.95 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 11 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Texas suffered a 9-7 loss against New York on Wednesday, as N Martinez wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- Texas is 13-2 ATS in its last 15 games
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Texas’s last 7 games
- Texas is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 11 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Minnesota, Friday, July 1st
New York at San Diego, Friday, July 1st