The New York Yankees will be looking to tag the Texas Rangers with their sixth loss in their last seven starts by Yovani Gallardo as those two teams meet on the diamond on Sunday night in baseball odds action at the sportsbooks.
Gollardo is 3-6 with a 4.26 ERA on the season, and he gave up four runs on 10 hits over just five innings of work against the Red Sox in his last outing. Chris Capuano (0-1, 12.00 ERA) will get the start for New York on Sunday night.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the New York Yankees in this matchup found them as -129 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.7-4.2 result in favor of the Rangers.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
22-21 New York battles the Rangers, currently with a 20-23 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Texas injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 22 (New York Yankees) and the No. 11 (Texas Rangers) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 18 ranking for hits at 8.37 per game. By contrast, the Texas Rangers are rated No. 20 in the same category at 8.3 per game.
Defensively, Texas features the No. 14-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.13 runs per game. New York, meanwhile, comes in at No. 8 at home, scoring 4.72 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Texas ran up the score in their last game on Saturday, jumping to a lead and resulting in a 15-4 victory against New York.
- Texas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas’s last 6 games
- Texas is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas’s last 6 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Texas
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of NY Yankees’s last 11 games when playing Texas
- NY Yankees is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games when playing at home against Texas
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Cleveland, Monday, May 25th
New York home to Kansas City, Monday, May 25th