Quietly, the Toronto Raptors have become the best bet in the NBA. In the wake of Thursday’s 124-110 triumph over the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Raptors are now 15-6-1 ATS. Canada’s lone NBA club travels to Beantown on Friday for a divisional matchup with the Boston Celtics.
- The Raptors are 5-1 SU in their last six games on the road after consecutive home games.
- The Celtics are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games at home after failing to cover in their two most recent home games.
- The Raptors are 7-2 ATS in their last nine games on the road.
The Celtics have had a tough time staying healthy all year, and starting point guard Isaiah Thomas has already been ruled out for tonight’s game. That’s going to create quite the burden for defensive stopper Marcus Smart, as Raptors all-star Kyle Lowry has scored 24 or more points in five of the past six games. Lowry’s backcourt mate, DeMar DeRozan, is averaging 29 over the previous two contests and has already recorded 19 outings of 20 or more points.
Toronto has dominated this series both on the floor and at the betting window lately. In the past four meetings between the Atlantic Division foes, the Dinos are 3-1 SU and ATS.
The OVER has also been a phenomenal bet in Raptors games this year. Toronto has gone above the closing total in 16 of its 22 matchups – the best mark in the Association. The Raptors were one of the teams I focused on in yesterday’s Hoop and the Harm weekly article, which you can read here.
Toronto Raptors vs Boston Celtics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Celtics currently sport a record of 13-9, and have posted a corresponding betting slate of 12-10 ATS. The Toronto Raptors are 15-7 and 15-6-1 ATS. Betting totals have seen the Celtics post a 8-14 OVER/UNDER record this season, while the Raptors have gone 16-6 against the total number of points scored. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Toronto injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 7 (Boston Celtics) and the No. 4 (Raptors) teams in the league, according to our current NBA betting Power Rankings at Odds – Shark
The game also pits Boston’s No. 11-ranked offense averaging 105.32 PPG, against a Toronto Raptors defense that ranks No. 13 at 103.09 PPG. The Boston Celtics field goal percentage has averaged 45.15% so far, less than the Toronto Raptors shooters have achieved on the year, 47.8% per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Raptors got a 25-point performance from Kyle Lowry, who added 11 assists as Toronto ran past Minnesota 124-110 on Thursday at Air Canada Centre.
The Celtics blew out Orlando on Wednesday, running up the score in a 117-87 win at Amway Center.
- Toronto is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games
- Toronto is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Boston is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston’s last 16 games
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Toronto home to Milwaukee, Monday, December 12th
Boston at Oklahoma City, Sunday, December 11th