J.A. Happ has provided some fantastic value for the Toronto Blue Jays since signing as a free agent in the offseason, and the hurler will look to continue his dominant campaign against the Tampa Bay Rays on Wednesday.
- The Rays are 4-1 ATS in their last five games on the road against the Blue Jays.
- The Blue Jays are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 games on Wednesday.
- The total has gone OVER in eight of the Rays’ last 10 games on the road after a win on the road.
Happ (15-3, 3.09 ERA), who will face off against Blake Snell (3-4, 2.95) is riding a nine-game winning streak. The 33-year-old’s 15 wins have surpassed his previous best total in 2009, although none of the triumphs have come against Tampa Bay.
Snell has allowed two or fewer runs in five straight outings and in eight of his 10 career starts overall. The youngster has yet to face Toronto, but has been extremely comfortable pitching on the road – posting a 1.85 ERA and 1.07 WHIP while limiting the opposition to a .198 batting average.
To say the Rays are struggling away from the Sunshine State would be an understatement. In Tampa Bay’s last 21 road contests, the Rays are 5-16.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Toronto Blue Jays in this matchup found them as -190 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Rays to win this game 5.0-4.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays bring a 64-50 record to the battle against the 46-66 Rays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The Toronto Blue Jays vs Tampa Bay Rays odds would favor the Rays if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Toronto is rated No. 12 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Tampa Bay is at No. 2.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Tampa Bay Rays rank No. 28 at 8.1 hits per game. That compares with the Toronto Blue Jays No. 21 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Tampa Bay owns the No. 18-rated road mark, allowing 4.6 runs per game on the highway. Toronto, on the other hand, rates No. 7 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Tampa Bay rolled to a 9-2 win against Toronto on Tuesday, as D Smyly and the Rays’ bats led the team to victory at Rogers Centre.
- Tampa Bay is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 7-14 ATS in its last 21 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games on the road
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Toronto’s last 10 games
- Toronto is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Toronto is 14-6 SU in its last 20 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at New York, Friday, August 12th
Toronto home to Houston, Friday, August 12th