The Blue Jays will try to inch closer to locking up the AL East when they welcome the Rays to town on Friday night. R.A. Dickey will take the mound for a Jays team that is 18-7 SU in its last 25 home games. The Jays lost the last two times Dickey started, but were winners in his previous ten starts.
- The Blue Jays are 4-2 SU in their last six games vs Tampa Bay.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of Tampa Bay’s last five games on the road.
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Toronto’s last 19 games at home.
Jake Odorizzi and the Rays will try to delay the playoff hopes of the Jays. The team is 4-1 in its last five games, and are 3-0 in Odorizzi’s last three starts, scoring 21 runs for him in those games.
Odorizzi struggled in his last start against the Jays in July, allowing six runs in 4.1 innings of work. So far this season against the Rays, Dickey has struggled with a 4.94 ERA.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Toronto Blue Jays as -163 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 8.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – VSB
computer score prediction models pick a possible 7.2-4.9 win for the Blue Jays on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays bring a 87-65 record to the battle against the 75-78 Rays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Toronto Blue Jays rated this week at No. 4 and the Tampa Bay Rays sitting at No. 11.
The game also pits Toronto Blue Jays No. 1-rated offense, averaging 5.48 runs per game, against a Tampa Bay Rays defense that ranks No. 8 at 3.93 in runs allowed per game. The Toronto Blue Jays have averaged 9.01 hits per game so far, more than Tampa Bay Rays batters have averaged on the year (8.55 hits per game).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Toronto has the No. 11-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Rays own the No. 8 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rays grabbed a win last time out, defeating W Miley and the Red Sox 4-2 on Thursday at Fenway Park.
M Stroman chucked 7 shutout innings at the Yankees in their last game, striking out 5 in a 4-0 win against New York in baseball action at Rogers Centre.
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 7 games
- Toronto is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Toronto’s last 19 games at home
- Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Tampa Bay
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Toronto, Saturday, September 26th