It will be a battle of aces in Toronto on Saturday afternoon when David Price and the Blue Jays take on Chris Archer and the Tampa Bay Rays at the Rogers Centre.
Archer has had his way with the Blue Jays this season, allowing just four runs in 29 innings of work against them. After being a force for most of the season, Archer has cooled off this month, going 0-2 with a 4.03 ERA.
- The Blue Jays are 19-7 in their last 26 games at home.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista has a .103 career average vs. Archer.
- The OVER/UNDER is 0-3-1 in Archer’s last four starts vs. Toronto.
Price, meanwhile, ranks among the favorites to capture the American League Cy Young Award. Since joining the Blue Jays at the start of August the team is 8-2 in games that he started.
The last time Price faced the Rays was as a member of the Tigers. It was one of Price’s worst outings of the season as he was lit up for five runs, allowing seven hits and two home runs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Toronto Blue Jays as -170 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Blue Jays to win this game 6.8-4.9. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays sport a record of 88-65 heading into this matchup, while the Tampa Bay Rays sit at 75-79 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 4 (Toronto Blue Jays) and the No. 11 (Tampa Bay Rays) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Tampa Bay Rays rank No. 20 at 8.53 hits per game. That compares with the Toronto Blue Jays No. 8 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Tampa Bay features the No. 3-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.84 runs per game. Toronto, meanwhile, comes in at No. 1 at home, scoring 5.51 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Tampa Bay looks to rebound from a loss to the Blue Jays, who beat them 5-3 on Friday behind a start from R Dickey at Rogers Centre.
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games on the road
- Toronto is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games
- Toronto is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Toronto’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Toronto, Sunday, September 27th