Tampa Bay Rays’ pitcher Matt Moore has been providing terrific value for bettors this season, though maybe not in the best of ways. The Rays are an abysmal 1-7 in Moore’s past eight starts with the lefties pitching struggles helping the OVER go 5-1-2 in that span. Moore will take the mound when the Rays continue their series with the Arizona Diamondbacks Tuesday.
– Shark Bites
- The OVER is 7-1 in the Diamondbacks past eight games against teams with losing records.
- Zack Grienke has a 6.54 ERA in seven starts at Chase Field this season.
- The UNDER is 6-2 in the past eight meetings between the Rays and D-Backs.
After a rough start to his D-Backs’ tenure, Zack Greinke has started to appear like the pitcher the team shelled out a ludicrous amount of money for. Greinke is 7-1 with a 3.46 ERA in his past 10 starts – including going 4-0 with a 2.57 ERA in his past four trips to the mound.
The Rays have been an OVER machine as of late, with seven of their past eight games topping to closing total. Those eight games have seen the Rays and their opponents’ average over 10 runs per game.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Arizona was a -155 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Diamondbacks to win this game 4.3-3.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Arizona Diamondbacks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Arizona Diamondbacks bring a 25-35 record to the battle against the 26-30 Rays. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Arizona vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 23-ranked Arizona Diamondbacks and the No. 18-rated Tampa Bay Rays in this matchup.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Tampa Bay Rays rank No. 21 at 8.18 hits per game. That compares with the Arizona Diamondbacks No. 7 ranking in that category.
Tampa Bay brings the No. 14-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Diamondbacks’s No. 27-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
C Archer fanned 12 Arizona batters in the team’s last outing, leading the Rays to a 6-4 victory over the Diamondbacks at Chase Field.
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Tampa Bay’s last 8 games on the road
- Arizona is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Arizona’s last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Arizona’s last 5 games
- Arizona is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Arizona, Wednesday, June 8th