The Los Angeles Dodgers and Tampa Bay Rays are two teams that don’t see much of each other, but they’ll face off on Tuesday when they begin a two-game interleague set in the Golden State.
- The total has gone UNDER in seven of the Dodgers’ last 10 games against teams with losing records.
- The Dodgers are 10-4 SU in their last 14 games with a closing total of 7.5 or less.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Rays’ last five games against teams with winning records.
Chris Archer and Bud Norris are slated to take the hill. Archer (5-13, 4.60 ERA) snapped a six-game losing streak in his last time out, but he’s been atrocious on the road. Archer is 4-6 with a 6.37 ERA away from Tropicana Field this year.
Norris (5-9, 4.56) is 1-2 with a 4.62 ERA in seven games against the Rays. The 31-year-old threw six scoreless innings in his first outing with the Dodgers but proceeded to allow 13 runs over 15 innings in his next three starts.
Home-field advantage has been huge in this series. Visiting clubs are a measly 1-6 in the last seven games between the Dodgers and Rays.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Los Angeles Dodgers in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -120 at BetOnline for Tuesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 7.5 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.6-3.9 victory for the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Los Angeles (56-44) will face the 38-60 Rays in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The Los Angeles Dodgers vs Tampa Bay Rays odds would favor the Dodgers if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Los Angeles is rated No. 2 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Tampa Bay is at No. 27.
Offensively, the game matches up Los Angeles Dodgers No. 19 ranked offense (4.35 runs per game) against a Tampa Bay Rays defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 17 at 4.57 runs allowed per game. The Los Angeles Dodgers have been averaging 8.38 hits per game, more than the Tampa Bay Rays have managed so far this season (8.12 hits on average).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Los Angeles has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Rays own the No. 17 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Tampa Bay didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 3-2 to Oakland on Sunday at O.co Coliseum.
Los Angeles got the job done in their last match in a 9-6 victory over St. Louis on Sunday at Busch Stadium behind starter S Kazmir.
- Tampa Bay is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Tampa Bay’s last 12 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-13 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 3-14 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Los Angeles, Wednesday, July 27th