Since returning from the disabled list after undergoing Tommy John surgery Matt Moore has struggled, which has led the Tampa Bay Rays to go 2-6 in his starts this season. The Rays open a four-game series with the Baltimore Orioles Thursday night at Tropicana Field.
- Baltimore is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games.
- The Rays are 2-5 in their last seven games when hosting the Orioles.
- Rays 3B Evan Longoria is hitting .348 with six HRs against Tillman over the past five seasons.
In eight starts this season, Moore has posted a massive 8.42 ERA with a 1.93 WHIP. The lefthander has also not once pitched more than five complete innings in a game this year.
The Orioles are going to send a struggling pitcher to the mound as well Thursday, with Chris Tillman expected to take the bump. Tillman has posted an ERA of 7.97 in his past seven starts, with the O’s going just 1-6 in those contests.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Tampa Bay Rays as -103 moneyline underdogs in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 8 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.4-3.7 win for the Rays on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Tampa Bay Rays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
70-75 Tampa Bay battles the Orioles, currently with a 71-74 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game puts the Tampa Bay Rays, most recently No. 20 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Baltimore Orioles, who rate a No. 24 in the latest survey.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Tampa Bay has baseball’s No. 28-rated offensive output, at 8.45 hits per game. The Baltimore Orioles average 8.56 hits per game, good for No. 19 on the list.
Defensively, Baltimore features the No. 10-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.17 runs per game. Tampa Bay, meanwhile, comes in at No. 29 at home, scoring 3.63 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore looks to rebound from a loss to the Red Sox, who beat them 10-1 on Wednesday behind a start from Henry Owens at Camden Yards.
Tampa Bay didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 3-1 to New York on Wednesday at Tropicana Field.
- Baltimore is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 6 games
- Baltimore is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 9 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing at home against Baltimore
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Tampa Bay, Friday, September 18th