Well, the season is winding down and one trend has stayed true all year – that trend? The Boston Red Sox have not lost a game at Fenway in games pitched by Rick Porcello. Porcello will put his undefeated home record on the line tonight as he pitches against Matt Andriese (6-5, 3.71 ERA) and the Tampa Bay Rays.
– Shark BITES
- The Rays are 1-5 in their last six games with Matt Andriese as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of the Red Sox’ last 14 games against their division.
- The Rays are 2-5 in their last seven games against the Red Sox.
Andriese has been solid in his rookie year but has seen his ERA climb after giving up three or more runs in his last four games. The righty has not earned a win since being moved back into the rotation at the beginning of the month after starting his career 6-0.
Porcello has put himself into Cy Young contention with his 17-3 combined record and 3.23 ERA. The New Jersey native has been excellent in the month of August, going 3-1 with a 2.39 ERA in five starts. He has limited batters to a .194 average this month and is undefeated against the Rays this season.
It’s pretty difficult to bet against a trend that has been as locked in as Porcello at home and I will not be doing so tonight.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Boston was a -210 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 9.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 4.4-4.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
72-58 Boston battles the Rays, currently with a 55-74 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The Boston Red Sox sit at No. 2 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark , while the Tampa Bay Rays sit at No. 7 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Tampa Bay Rays rank No. 26 at 8.18 hits per game. That compares with the Boston Red Sox No. 1 ranking in that category.
Tampa Bay brings the No. 12-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Red Sox’s No. 18-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Tampa Bay hopes solid pitching and defense that led to their last victory – a 10-strikeout performance from C Archer – will prevail again after their 10-4 victory against Houston at Minute Maid Park.
The Red Sox were saddled with a loss last time out in Eduardo Rodriguez’s start, as they lost 10-4 against Kansas City on Sunday at Fenway Park.
- Tampa Bay is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 17 of Tampa Bay’s last 22 games
- Tampa Bay is 7-18 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- Boston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay at Boston, Tuesday, August 30th
Tagged with: feature