The Rays stole a game from the Red Sox at Fenway last night and will look to head back to Tampa for their match up with the Blue Jays with a series win. Boston has rallied after losses lately and is 5-2 in its last seven after dropping a game.
- The Rays are 0-5 in their last 5 games on the road after a win on the road.
- The Rays are 1-4 in their last 5 games on the road against the Red Sox
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of the Rays’ last 8 games on the road.
The Red Sox will hand the ball to their knuckleballer Steven Wright this afternoon just a game after getting destroyed by the Royals. This was Wright’s first start since coming off the DL so the performance can be forgiven a little. He has, however, not been good on the bump at Fenway and has a 4.30 ERA pitching off one of the most storied mounds in the game.
Drew Smyly (6-11, 4.80 ERA) has not been hung with an L since mid-July and has consistently gone six or more innings in games since then. He is 3-0 with a 3.03 ERA in the month of August and had his best performance of the year the last time he pitched against the Red Sox. In that start he went eight innings deep, allowing just one hit while striking out 11 batters.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Boston sat as -170 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 9.5, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 5.6-3.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Tampa Bay Rays vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
73-59 Boston battles the Rays, currently with a 56-75 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Tampa Bay injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Boston Red Sox at No. 2 and the Tampa Bay Rays at No. 7 heading into this contest.
At the plate, Boston owns the No. 1 ranking for hits at 9.98 per game. By contrast, the Tampa Bay Rays are rated No. 26 in the same category at 8.18 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Boston has the No. 18-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Rays own the No. 12 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rays grabbed a win last time out, defeating D Pomeranz and the Red Sox 4-3 on Tuesday at Fenway Park.
- Tampa Bay is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 5 games
- Tampa Bay is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 5-11 SU in its last 16 games on the road
- Boston is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Boston is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games at home
- Boston is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing Tampa Bay
Next Betting Matchups
Tampa Bay home to Toronto, Friday, September 2nd
Boston at Oakland, Friday, September 2nd