The Boston Red Sox will look to take sole possession of the AL East lead and the series sweep when they take on the Oakland Athletics Sunday. The BoSox have been absolutely crushing the A’s, as they have won the past nine meetings between the clubs while scoring 11 or more runs in each of the past five.
- The A’s are 5-17 in their past 22 games against lefty starting pitchers.
- The OVER is 6-1 in the Red Sox’ past seven games.
- David Ortiz is 5-for-6 with two doubles so far this series.
A trip to Triple-A has seemed to straighten out Eduardo Rodriguez, as the lefty has posted a 3.22 ERA in his past eight outings since being recalled. However, Rodriguez surrendered five runs while lasting just 5.1 innings in his last outings, which was his worst since returning to the bigs.
Kendall Graveman has greatly preferred pitching at home this season, as the righty has a 2.88 ERA in Oakland compared to 4.89 on the road.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Oakland Athletics in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 137 at BetOnline for Sunday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8.5 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 7.8-1.6. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Oakland Athletics Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
57-78 Oakland battles the Red Sox, currently with a 76-59 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Oakland vs Boston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Oakland Athletics at No. 18 and the Boston Red Sox at No. 1 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Oakland has baseball’s No. 27-rated offensive output, at 8.36 hits per game. The Boston Red Sox average 10.1 hits per game, good for No. 1 on the list.
Boston brings the No. 17-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Athletics’s No. 23-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Red Sox enjoyed a 11-2 victory at the expense of the Athletics on Saturday, with R Porcello throwing 7 innings of 4-hit ball at O.co Coliseum.
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games
- Boston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Oakland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Oakland is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 13 of Oakland’s last 17 games
- Oakland is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at San Diego, Monday, September 5th
Oakland home to Los Angeles, Monday, September 5th