Marcus Stroman may only be taking to the mound for the second time this season, but he faces a foe he has dominated, going 3-0 in three starts against the Boston Red Sox in his short career.
- The total has gone over in four of the past five meetings between these teams.
- The Blue Jays are 4-1 in their last five games at home.
- Red Sox SP Rick Porcello is 3-1 with a 2.15 ERA in his past four starts.
Stroman pitched 21.2 innings against the Red Sox last season while only allowing three earned runs and a .173 batting average.
The Blue Jays pitching staff has been struggling against the Sox this season as they have posted a combined 5.21 ERA and a 1.42 WHIP in 16 games against their AL East rival.
Red Sox’ Mookie Betts has been revelling in games against the Blues Jays with a .417 batting average and 12 RBIs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Boston Red Sox listed as underdogs of 175 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 9, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Blue Jays to win this game 7.5-6.8. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays bring a 84-62 record to the battle against the 69-76 Red Sox. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Boston injuries news.
The Toronto Blue Jays vs Boston Red Sox odds would favor the Blue Jays if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Toronto is rated No. 1 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Boston is at No. 4.
The game also pits Toronto Blue Jays No. 1-rated offense, averaging 5.52 runs per game, against a Boston Red Sox defense that ranks No. 26 at 4.75 in runs allowed per game. The Toronto Blue Jays have averaged 9.05 hits per game so far, less than Boston Red Sox batters have averaged on the year (9.34 hits per game).
Defensively, Boston features the No. 23-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.62 runs per game. Toronto, meanwhile, comes in at No. 1 at home, scoring 5.6 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Orioles, a 10-1 final on Wednesday in support of Henry Owens at Camden Yards.
Marco Estrada silenced the Braves bats in a 5-0 victory last time out versus Atlanta at Turner Field.
- Boston is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Boston’s last 16 games on the road
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Toronto
- Toronto is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
- Toronto is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Toronto’s last 13 games at home
- Toronto is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games when playing Boston
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Toronto, Saturday, September 19th