The Boston Red Sox and Los Angeles Dodgers have traded shutouts in their interleague set, and the Red Sox will try and end their 11-game road trip with a winning record on Sunday.
- The Red Sox are 0-4 in Price’s last 4 road starts.
- The UNDER is 9-2 in the Red Sox’s last 11 games.
- The UNDER is 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
David Price (9-7, 4.30 ERA) is making his second career start against the Dodgers and is 12-11 with a 3.39 ERA in 28 career interleague starts.
Brandon McCarthy, who is getting the start for the Dodgers, is getting the nod in place of left-hander Rich Hill. McCarthy suffered the loss in each of his last two starts and failed to record an out in the fifth inning of either outing.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Los Angeles sat as 109 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 7, according to MyBookie.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.2-2.8 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
61-49 Los Angeles battles the Red Sox, currently with a 60-49 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Boston injuries news.
The Los Angeles Dodgers vs Boston Red Sox odds would favor the Dodgers if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Los Angeles is rated No. 5 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Boston is at No. 8.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Los Angeles has baseball’s No. 19-rated offensive output, at 8.35 hits per game. The Boston Red Sox average 10 hits per game, good for No. 1 on the list.
Defensively, Boston features the No. 10-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.36 runs per game. Los Angeles, meanwhile, comes in at No. 25 at home, scoring 3.98 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston didn’t plate a single run in their last outing, shut down by Ross Stripling in a losing cause, 3-0, against Los Angeles on Saturday.
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Boston’s last 11 games
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of Boston’s last 14 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 17-6 SU in its last 23 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of LA Dodgers’s last 21 games at home
- LA Dodgers is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games when playing Boston
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of LA Dodgers’s last 7 games when playing Boston
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to New York, Tuesday, August 9th
Los Angeles home to Philadelphia, Monday, August 8th