The Boston Red Sox have been all about interleague play with the team posting a 5-2 record this season and a 8-2 record in their past 10 games against the National League. The BoSox start a quick two-game set with the San Francisco Giants Tuesday.
– Shark Bites
- The Red Sox are 4-1 in their past five games against the Giants.
- Conor Gillaspie is 10-for-24 with six RBIs in his career against Rick Porcello.
- Rick Porcello has pitched at least 6.0 innings in 10 of his past 11 road starts.
Rick Porcello will take to the bump for the Red Sox as they look to continue theur strong play against the NL. Porcello has been inconsistent since the start of May, which has led the Sox going just 2-4 in his past six starts.
Rookie right-hander Albert Suarez gets the call for the Giants Tuesday. Suarez posted identical 3-hit, 5.0 innings pitched performances in his two starts this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Boston Red Sox were -120 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 8.5 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.1-3.6 win for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants bring a 35-24 record to the battle against the 33-24 Red Sox. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Boston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the San Francisco Giants at No. 6 and the Boston Red Sox at No. 7 heading into this contest.
At the plate, San Francisco owns the No. 14 ranking for hits at 8.66 per game. By contrast, the Boston Red Sox are rated No. 1 in the same category at 10.42 per game.
Boston brings the No. 22-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to Toronto on Sunday at Fenway Park.
San Francisco didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 6-3 to St. Louis on Sunday at Busch Stadium.
- Boston is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Francisco
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing on the road against San Francisco
- San Francisco is 18-6 SU in its last 24 games
- San Francisco is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Boston
- San Francisco is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing at home against Boston
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at San Francisco, Wednesday, June 8th
Tagged with: feature