A full slate of MLB action on Wednesday is capped off with a phenomenal pitching matchup when the Boston Red Sox and San Francisco Giants close out a two-game set. Dominant left-handers David Price and Madison Bumgarner take to the mound in a game that could see very few runners cross the plate.
– Shark Bites
- The favorites are 9-2 in the past 11 meetings between the Red Sox and Giants.
- The Red Sox are 9-2 in their past 11 games against the NL.
- The Giants are 5-2 in their past seven games coming off a loss.
Price opened the season looking like he may not be worth the $217 million contract that the Red Sox inked him too, but he has been turning it around lately. Price has recorded five-straight quality starts while allowing 10 earned runs in those outings.
Thanks to Bumgarner’s phenomenal play, the Giants have won the lefty’s past eight starts. MadBum has given up a combined seven earned runs through his last eight starts with three no-run outings in that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The San Francisco Giants were listed as -131 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 6.5 earlier at Bodog.
Odds – Shark computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.7-3.4 win for the Red Sox on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants bring a 35-25 record to the battle against the 34-24 Red Sox. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Boston injuries news.
This game puts the San Francisco Giants, most recently No. 6 in Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings, up against the Boston Red Sox, who rate a No. 7 in the latest survey.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 13-rated offensive output, at 8.66 hits per game. The Boston Red Sox average 10.42 hits per game, good for No. 1 on the list.
Boston brings the No. 22-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Red Sox beat San Francisco in extra innings, earning a 5-3 victory at AT&T Park in MLB wagering action.
- Boston is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Francisco
- San Francisco is 18-7 SU in its last 25 games
- San Francisco is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Minnesota, Friday, June 10th
San Francisco home to Los Angeles, Friday, June 10th
Tagged with: feature