Well, David Price stayed put this deadline but his ERA could be on the move against a Mariners team he owned in his lone start against them this season. Price (9-7, 4.26 ERA) will match up with Wade LeBlanc (1-0, 4.26 ERA) who will be making just his fifth start this year.
- The Mariners are 12-3 ATS in their last 15 games against the AL East.
- The Red Sox are 7-3 in their last 10 games after an ATS win.
- The total has gone UNDER in the last five games on the road in this matchup.
LeBlanc’s last appearance came over a week ago in a relief appearance against the Blue Jays. He has been moved back into the starting rotation for a matchup with the Red Sox and could be in trouble against a team that has been mashing the ball of late.
Price will be the better of the two lefties in this one even though he really hasn’t shown it this season. He is coming off his best month of the year in which he posted a 2.80 ERA in five starts. That ERA, though, is a bit of an anomaly as the ace was really batted around and gave up a batting average of .304 – the highest BA he has given up in a month this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Seattle Mariners in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 153 at BetOnline for Tuesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 8 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.3-3.2 win for the Red Sox on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Seattle (52-52) will face the 58-46 Red Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Boston injuries news.
The Seattle Mariners sit at No. 25 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Boston Red Sox sit at No. 2 on the same chart.
The game also pits Seattle Mariners No. 11-rated offense, averaging 4.68 runs per game, against a Boston Red Sox defense that ranks No. 23 at 4.72 in runs allowed per game. The Seattle Mariners have averaged 8.82 hits per game so far, less than Boston Red Sox batters have averaged on the year (10.09 hits per game).
Defensively, Boston features the No. 16-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.56 runs per game. Seattle, meanwhile, comes in at No. 13 at home, scoring 4.47 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston rolled to a 2-1 win against Seattle on Monday, as Eduardo Rodriguez and the Red Sox’ bats led the team to victory at Safeco Field.
- Boston is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games when playing Seattle
- Seattle is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Seattle’s last 6 games
- Seattle is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Seattle’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Seattle, Wednesday, August 3rd