The Boston Red Sox will send red-hot Rick Porcello to the mound to take on the Seattle Mariners Wednesday. Porcello has been an automatic victory for the Sox, as the club has won his past eight starts with the righty allowing just 17 earned runs in that span.
- The OVER is 17-6 in the Red Sox’ past 23 games in the month of August.
- The Mariners are 2-10 SU in their past 12 games coming off an ATS win.
- The Red Sox are 3-9 ATS in their past 12 games against the AL.
Hisashi Iwakuma enters this start coming off his worst outing of the season, as the Mariners’ pitcher went just 3.0 innings while surrendering eight hits and five runs to the Cubs. Iwakuma picked up the win against the Red Sox earlier this season in a solid – yet unspectacular – outing in which he gave up nine hits and four runs.
Robinson Cano has been dominating Boston this season with the All-Star hitting .450 with a .800 slugging percentage. In this series alone Cano has four hits and three RBIs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Boston Red Sox were listed as -128 favorites on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 8 before betting started earlier on Wednesday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.1-2.6 win for the Red Sox on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
53-52 Seattle battles the Red Sox, currently with a 58-47 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Boston injuries news.
This game puts the Seattle Mariners, most recently No. 25 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Boston Red Sox, who rate a No. 2 in the latest survey.
At the plate, Seattle owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.81 per game. By contrast, the Boston Red Sox are rated No. 1 in the same category at 10.05 per game.
Seattle owns the No. 14 defense, allowing 4.69 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 23-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-4 to Seattle on Tuesday at Safeco Field.
- Boston is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Boston is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Boston’s last 10 games on the road
- Seattle is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games
- Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Seattle is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Seattle, Thursday, August 4th