The American League East playoff race has baseball fans on the edge of their seats, and the Boston Red Sox-Baltimore Orioles matchup on tap for Tuesday is a must-win for both teams.
- The Red Sox are 5-1 SU in their last six games as underdogs against the Orioles.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of the Red Sox’ last 11 games as underdog.
- The Orioles are 7-0 SU in their last seven games at home with Kevin Gausman as the starting pitcher.
Eduardo Rodriguez and Kevin Gausman will get the nod for the BoSox and O’s, respectively. Rodriguez (2-7, 4.98 ERA) is 1-3 with a 4.30 ERA in six career starts against the Orioles. The Venezuelan was ripped for four runs on eight hits by the New York Yankees in his last appearance on Thursday.
Gausman (8-10, 3.43) is 5-0 in his last six starts and held the opposition scoreless in four of his past five outings. The hurler has not served up a home run in any of his past five starts and is 3-3 with a 4.01 ERA in 13 career games against the Sox.
When the Orioles play in Maryland, the UNDER is extremely profitable. Baltimore has gone below the closing total in 12 of their last 14 home games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Boston Red Sox were 117 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bovada. The total was 9 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 4.4-3.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Baltimore Orioles bring a 82-68 record to the battle against the 86-64 Red Sox. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs Boston injuries news.
This game puts the Baltimore Orioles, most recently No. 3 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Boston Red Sox, who rate a No. 1 in the latest survey.
At the plate, Baltimore owns the No. 13 ranking for hits at 8.81 per game. By contrast, the Boston Red Sox are rated No. 1 in the same category at 10.05 per game.
Baltimore owns the No. 17 defense, allowing 4.69 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Orioles, a 5-2 final on Monday in support of R Porcello at Camden Yards.
- Boston is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- Boston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Baltimore is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 7 games
- Baltimore is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Baltimore, Wednesday, September 21st