It hasn’t exactly been the greatest season of David Price’s career, but the lefty has started to round into form as of late. Price is 5-0 with a 2.06 ERA in his past five starts, while the Boston Red Sox have supplied him with 9.4 runs per game. The BoSox close out a three-game series with the San Diego Padres Wednesday.
- The Padres are 9-2 in their past 11 home games following a home loss.
- The Red Sox are 4-1 in their past five against the Padres.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Red Sox’ past seven games with a closing total of 7.5 or less.
Jarred Cosart is coming off his worst outing since being acquired by the Padres in July. Cosart lasted 4.1 innings while surrendering seven runs and three walks to an Atlanta Braves team that ranks near the bottom of the MLB in every offensive category.
Though meetings between the Red Sox and Padres are few and far between the UNDER has been red-hot when they do meet. The UNDER has hit in each of the past six games between the Sox and Friars including both games this series.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the San Diego Padres in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline underdogs of 194 at BetOnline for Wednesday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 7.5 at Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 7.4-1.0 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs San Diego Padres Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
57-81 San Diego battles the Red Sox, currently with a 77-61 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Diego vs Boston injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 28-rated San Diego Padres and the league No. 1-ranked Boston Red Sox, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the San Diego Padres No. 21-ranked scoring average of 4.22 runs per game, against a Boston Red Sox offense rated No. 1 and scoring 5.49 runs per game. The Padres have averaged 7.89 hits per game to date this season, less than the Red Sox hitters have managed (10.04 per nine innings).
San Diego owns the No. 25 defense, allowing 4.22 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Red Sox grabbed a win last time out, defeating P Clemens and the Padres 5-1 on Tuesday at PETCO Park.
- Boston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Boston’s last 8 games on the road
- Boston is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing San Diego
- San Diego is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- San Diego is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Diego’s last 5 games
- San Diego is 14-7 ATS in its last 21 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Toronto, Friday, September 9th
San Diego home to Colorado, Thursday, September 8th