Don’t look now, but the lowly Tampa Bay Rays have actually been playing good baseball recently. The Rays are 6-1 SU and against the runline in their past seven games while averaging 7.8 runs per game in that span. The Rays kick off a four-game set with the Boston Red Sox Monday.
- David Price is 0-3 with a 3.98 ERA as a visitor at Tropicana Field.
- The Red Sox have won the past three games against the Rays.
- The OVER is 5-2 in the Red Sox and Rays past seven games at Tropicana Field.
Blake Snell has been incredibly consistent for the Rays, as he has not allowed more than two earned runs in his past seven starts. That span has seen Snell post a 2.50 ERA while only surrendering seven extra-base hits.
David Price takes the bump for the Red Sox coming off back-to-back quality starts. Price has allowed a combined four earned runs in his past two starts but has surrendered 14 hits as well.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Boston Red Sox before the first pitch in this match found them as -155 moneyline favorites earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 7.5 earlier at TopBet.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.4-3.3 win for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Tampa Bay (52-70) will face the 69-54 Red Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Boston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Tampa Bay Rays at No. 4 and the Boston Red Sox at No. 2 heading into this contest.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Boston Red Sox rank No. 1 at 10.01 hits per game. That compares with the Tampa Bay Rays No. 27 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Tampa Bay has the No. 13-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Red Sox own the No. 19 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston suffered a 10-5 loss against Detroit on Sunday, as Henry Owens wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Comerica Park.
Tampa Bay looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Rangers, a 8-4 final on Sunday in support of D Smyly at Tropicana Field.
- Boston is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- Boston is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- Boston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Tampa Bay is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Tampa Bay’s last 9 games
- Tampa Bay is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Tampa Bay, Tuesday, August 23rd