The Boston Red Sox haven’t gotten much from their starting rotation lately, but they’ll turn to Rick Porcello to right the ship against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday. Boston is allowing an average of 8.5 runs per game in their last six contests, surrendering a total of 29 during a three-game slide.
- The Red Sox are 1-6 SU in their last seven games against the Rays.
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of the Rays’ last 11 games as home underdogs.
- The total has gone OVER in four of the Red Sox’ last five games on the road against the Rays.
Chris Archer will get the nod for the Rays. Archer (4-10, 4.70 ERA) have lost six of his last seven starts in a disappointing start to the campaign. Archer surrendered six runs and eight hits in 4.5 innings to suffer a loss against Porcello and the Red Sox on April 20.
Porcello (8-2, 3.93) earned the win on April 20, giving up three runs and striking out nine over seven innings.
Tampa Bay is a brutal run line bet against good teams. In the Rays’ last 14 games when facing teams with records north of .500, they’ve lost 13 run line bets.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Tampa Bay Rays as -110 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8 at shops such as Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.3-6.1 win for the Rays. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Tampa Bay (32-43) will face the 41-35 Red Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Boston injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Tampa Bay Rays rated this week at No. 28 and the Boston Red Sox sitting at No. 13.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Tampa Bay Rays and its No. 23-rated batting order, averaging 4.11 runs per nine innings, against the No. 1 line up of the Boston Red Sox at 5.61 runs per outing.
Defensively, Boston features the No. 27-rated defense on the road, allowing 5.09 runs per game. Tampa Bay, meanwhile, comes in at No. 27 at home, scoring 3.64 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston looks to rebound from a loss to the Rays, who beat them 13-7 on Monday behind a start from Blake Snell at Tropicana Field.
- Boston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 6 games
- Boston is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 1-13 ATS in its last 14 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-11 SU in its last 12 games
- Tampa Bay is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- Tampa Bay is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Tampa Bay, Wednesday, June 29th