The Boston Red Sox got a huge boost by acquiring Drew Pomeranz, which will hopefully bolster a beleaguered pitching staff that’s struggled to get the job done lately. Boston is set to invade Yankee Stadium on Saturday.
- The Yankees are 1-6 in their last 7 vs. American League East.
- The OVER is 6-2-1 in the Yankees last 9 games.
- The UNDER is 5-2-1 in the last 8 meetings.
Eduardo Rodriguez and CC Sabathia are slated to get the ball for the Sox and Yanks, respectively. Rodriguez (1-3, 8.59 ERA) has struggled since coming off the disabled list in June, highlighted by a nine-run, 11-hit effort in 2.5 innings against the Rays on June 27.
Sabathia (5-6, 3.77) was ripped for 21 earned runs in 23 innings while going 0-2 in his last four outings. The big left-hander was 1-0 with a 2.12 ERA against the Sox last year.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
New York was a -128 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 9.5.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.1-3.5 win for the Red Sox on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
44-45 New York battles the Red Sox, currently with a 50-38 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 22-rated New York Yankees and the league No. 19-ranked Boston Red Sox, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the New York Yankees and its No. 22-rated batting order, averaging 4.2 runs per nine innings, against the No. 1 line up of the Boston Red Sox at 5.62 runs per outing.
New York owns the No. 15 defense, allowing 4.2 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 24-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston looks to continue its winning ways following a victory last time out against the Yankees, a 5-3 final on Friday in support of S Wright at Yankee Stadium.
- Boston is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 7-14 ATS in its last 21 games
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 9 games
- NY Yankees is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
- NY Yankees is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
- NY Yankees is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games when playing Boston
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at New York, Sunday, July 17th