The Boston Red Sox can complete a three-game sweep of the hated rival New York Yankees with a win at Yankee Stadium on Sunday.
- The UNDER is 3-1-1 in Price’s last 5 road starts.
- The OVER is 5-0 in Tanaka’s last 5 starts.
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in New York.
David Price (9-6, 4.34 ERA) and Masahiro Tanaka (6-2, 3.23) will take the mound for both teams. Price has reached double-digit strikeouts in each of his last three starts and has 140 k’s in 124 innings this year.
Tanaka is having issues with consistency lately, as the ace has allowed three runs or fewer in three of his last six starts and a total of 18 allowed in the other three.
The UNDER is a hot bet when the Sox take the field. In Boston’s prior four games, the UNDER is a perfect 4-0.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of -105 for the New York Yankees in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 8.5 at 5Dimes.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.6-2.6 win for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (44-46) will face the 51-38 Red Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 22-ranked New York Yankees and the No. 19-rated Boston Red Sox in this matchup.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 22-rated offensive output, at 8.43 hits per game. The Boston Red Sox average 10.33 hits per game, good for No. 1 on the list.
Comparing defensive stats, Boston owns the No. 22-rated road mark, allowing 4.85 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 17 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston got the job done in their last match in a 5-2 victory over New York on Saturday at Yankee Stadium behind starter Eduardo Rodriguez.
- Boston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 8-15 ATS in its last 23 games
- NY Yankees is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- NY Yankees is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
- NY Yankees is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing Boston
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to San Francisco, Tuesday, July 19th
New York home to Baltimore, Monday, July 18th