The New York Yankees will have an opportunity to book their ticket to the postseason Thursday but will have to get by their bitter rivals, the Boston Red Sox, first.
- CC Sabathia has allowed just two earned runs or fewer in six out of his last eight starts.
- Prior to this season, Rich Hill had not started an MLB game since he was with the Orioles in 2009.
- The Yankees are 2-6 in their last eight games against left-handers.
The Yanks missed out on winning the division after the Toronto Blue Jays claimed the AL East title Wednesday, making their wild card aspirations all that more crucial.
Don’t expect the BoSox to lie down, however. Boston has won six-straight against the Bronx Bombers and can effectively finish off a sweep of the three game series in front of the New York faithful.
New York sends veteran CC Sabathia to the bump for the tilt, while Boston is expected to counter with Rich Hill. The journeyman Hill has been impressive for the Sox down the stretch, tallying at least 10 strikeouts in each of his first three starts with the club – good enough for a team record.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 6.2 – 5 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (86-72) will face the 78-80 Red Sox in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
This game puts the New York Yankees, most recently No. 13 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Boston Red Sox, who rate a No. 5 in the latest survey.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 13 ranking for hits at 8.65 per game. By contrast, the Boston Red Sox are rated No. 2 in the same category at 9.33 per game.
New York owns the No. 15 defense, allowing 4.75 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 25-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston won a close affair on Wednesday in their last outing, defeating New York 9-5 in extra innings at Yankee Stadium.
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston’s last 9 games
- Boston is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 15 of Boston’s last 22 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 8 games
- NY Yankees is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 8 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at Cleveland, Friday, October 2nd
New York at Baltimore, Friday, October 2nd