The Yankees will make a push to solidify a playoff berth when they welcome the Red Sox to town on Monday night. The Yankees have gotten the better of the Red Sox this season, leading the season series 10-5, however, they’ve struggled in tonight’s starter Ivan Nova’s last eight outings, going 2-6 in those games.
- The total has gone under in five of the Red Sox last five games.
- The Yankees are 4-1 in their last five games at home.
- Red Sox DH David Ortiz has a .400 career average vs. Nova.
The Red Sox are attempting to end the season on a strong note after going 6-3 in their last nine games. Their starter Eduardo Rodriguez has had a strong month, going 1-1 with a 2.45 ERA and 20 strikeouts.
Rodriguez has been hit hard by a few of the Yankees top hitters this season as Jacoby Ellsbury and Alex Rodriguez have combined for three home runs and a .444 average in nine at bats each against the rookie.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the New York Yankees in this matchup found them as -160 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – VSB computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.9-5.7 victory for the Yankees. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
86-69 New York battles the Red Sox, currently with a 75-80 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 13 (New York Yankees) and the No. 5 (Boston Red Sox) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 2-rated offensive output, at 8.64 hits per game. The Boston Red Sox average 9.29 hits per game, good for No. 2 on the list.
Boston brings the No. 26-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Yankees’s No. 15-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Henry Owens silenced the Orioles bats in a 2-0 victory last time out versus Baltimore at Fenway Park.
New York rolled to a 6-1 win against Chicago on Sunday, as Luis Severino and the Yankees’ bats led the team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- Boston is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Boston’s last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of Boston’s last 19 games on the road
- Boston is 3-10 SU in its last 13 games when playing NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at New York, Tuesday, September 29th
Tagged with: feature