The New York Yankees won’t be able to make a push for the American League East, but they can play spoiler to the arch-rival Boston Red Sox when the teams collide in the Bronx on Wednesday.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Yankees’ last eight games after winning as an underdog.
- The Red Sox are 11-1 SU in their last 12 games against their division.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Red Sox’ last seven games on the road with Clay Buchholz as the starting pitcher.
Clay Buchholz and Bryan Mitchell are slated to get the ball for the Sox and Yanks, respectively. Buchholz (8-10, 5.00 ERA) beat New York in his previous outing, allowing two runs and seven hits in six innings of work.
Mitchell (1-2, 4.50) is trying to earn a spot in the team’s rotation for 2017 and is 0-2 in his last three starts after winning his season debut on September 7. The hurler was knocked around for four runs in 4 2/3 frames at Boston on September 17.
The OVER is a sizzling bet when the Yanks and Red Sox meet. In the last five games between the squads, the OVER is 4-1.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.6-2.5 win for the Red Sox on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
81-76 New York battles the Red Sox, currently with a 92-65 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 19 (New York Yankees) and the No. 1 (Boston Red Sox) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the New York Yankees No. 22-ranked scoring average of 4.2 runs per game, against a Boston Red Sox offense rated No. 1 and scoring 5.51 runs per game. The Yankees have averaged 8.54 hits per game to date this season, less than the Red Sox hitters have managed (9.99 per nine innings).
New York owns the No. 11 defense, allowing 4.2 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Boston’s No. 10-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston suffered a 6-4 loss against New York on Tuesday, as D Price wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- Boston is 11-1 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Boston’s last 9 games
- Boston is 10-3 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Boston is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games
- NY Yankees is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of NY Yankees’s last 6 games
- NY Yankees is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston at New York, Thursday, September 29th