The Boston Red Sox clinched the AL East title but will attempt to avoid being swept by the New York Yankees in David Ortiz’ final game in the Bronx Thursday. Boston saw their 11-game winning streak come to an end in a 6-4 loss to the Yanks in the series opener and had a tough 5-3 loss to the Yanks Wednesday.
- The road team has lost the past 6 games between the Red Sox and Yankees.
- The Red Sox are 7-1 in their past 8 games coming off consecutive losses.
- The UNDER is 8-2 in the Red Sox’ past 10 games against the AL East.
Henry Owens gets his first start since August 21, as he replaces Drew Pomeranz who is dealing with forearm soreness. Owens has only made four appearances in the majors this season – with a 7.79 ERA – but has posted a respectable 3.53 ERA in 24 Triple-A starts this year.
CC Sabathia is having one of his best months of the season, as the big lefty has a 2.54 ERA in his five starts in September. However, Sabathia has struggled against the Red Sox this season with a 6.97 ERA in two starts against Boston.
Boston Red Sox vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
82-76 New York battles the Red Sox, currently with a 92-66 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Boston injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the New York Yankees at No. 19 and the Boston Red Sox at No. 1 heading into this contest.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 22 ranking for hits at 8.51 per game. By contrast, the Boston Red Sox are rated No. 1 in the same category at 9.96 per game.
Defensively, Boston features the No. 4-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.86 runs per game. New York, meanwhile, comes in at No. 12 at home, scoring 4.52 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Boston didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-3 to New York on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium.
- Boston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of Boston’s last 10 games
- Boston is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 7 games
- NY Yankees is 8-4 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- NY Yankees is 9-3 SU in its last 12 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Boston home to Toronto, Friday, September 30th
New York home to Baltimore, Friday, September 30th