Toronto head coach Mike Babock will make his second appearance against his old team when the Maple Leafs welcome the Detroit Red Wings to the Air Canada Centre in Friday’s NHL action. The Wings topped the Buds 4-0 on Oct. 9 as -172 home favorites but were in the -115 ballpark for the rematch at the time of writing.
- The total has gone over in 10 of the Maple Leafs’ last 13 games in November.
- The Red Wings are 4-12 SU in their last 16 games after a win.
- The Maple Leafs are 1-6 SU in their last seven games at home.
Toronto fell 4-2 to the Winnipeg Jets on Wednesday and had a day off to catch their breath prior to the contest. The extra rest hasn’t translated into wins for the Leafs, however, as Dion Phaneuf’s squad is just 4-18 in games after having one day off dating back to last season.
Detroit hasn’t had any issues getting the job done as road chalk. The Red Wings are 9-2 in their last 11 tilts when listed as road favorites.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to back the visiting Detroit Red Wings before puck drop in this match found them as -126 moneyline favorites at 5Dimes. They saw an opening total of 5, according to BetOnline.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 2.5-1.5 result in favor of the Red Wings. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Detroit Red Wings have seen them go 6-5-1 so far this season, while the Maple Leafs are at 2-8-2. In totals betting, the Toronto Maple Leafs are 5-7, while the Red Wings are 3-7-2. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Detroit injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Toronto Maple Leafs rated this week at No. 28 and the Detroit Red Wings sitting at No. 19.
The game also pits Toronto’s No. 28-ranked offense, averaging 2.17 goals per game, against a Red Wings defense that ranks No. 15 at 2.58 goals allowed. The Maple Leafs power play is averaging 15.62% while the Red Wings defense kills off 80.49% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for Detroit, they were a 2-1 winner as they battled the Lightning at home. Moneyline bettors who got the Red Wings at +117 were rewarded, while the 3 combined goals moved the game UNDER for totals bettors.
In their last action, Toronto was a 4-2 loser at home against the Jets. Bettors on Winnipeg at -135 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (6) sent OVER bettors home happy as well.
- Detroit is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Detroit’s last 5 games when playing Toronto
- Detroit is 4-7-2 SU in its last 13 games when playing on the road against Toronto
- Toronto is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- Toronto is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Toronto’s last 5 games when playing Detroit
- Toronto is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing at home against Detroit
Next Betting Matchups
Detroit home to Dallas, Sunday, November 8th
Toronto at Washington, Saturday, November 7th