The St. Louis Cardinals are falling off pace in the race for the second National League wild card spot, and poor performances against bad teams are a big reason why. The Cards take on the lowly Cincinnati Reds at Busch Stadium on Monday.
- The Reds are 6-17 SU in their last 23 games in August.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Reds’ last eight games with Cody Reed as the starting pitcher.
- The Cardinals are 15-6 SU in their last 21 games against their division.
Cody Reed and Michael Wacha are slated to take the bump. Reed (0-6, 7.30) is still looking for his first career victory and was ripped for five runs in as many innings in a loss to St. Louis on Wednesday. The 23-year-old has allowed at least four earned runs in six of his eight starts.
Wacha (7-7, 4.35) has yielded less than three runs in 10 straight starts, and he owns a 6-1 record with a 1.97 ERA in 12 games against the Reds.
The UNDER is red-hot when these teams collide in Missouri. In the last 11 meetings between the clubs at Busch Stadium, the UNDER is 8-3.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the St. Louis Cardinals in this matchup found them as -200 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.4-2.9 victory for the Reds. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (58-53) will face the 45-65 Reds in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Cincinnati injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 25-rated St. Louis Cardinals and the league No. 5-ranked Cincinnati Reds, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the St. Louis Cardinals and its No. 5-rated batting order, averaging 4.97 runs per nine innings, against the No. 20 line up of the Cincinnati Reds at 4.34 runs per outing.
Cincinnati brings the No. 30-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cardinals’s No. 11-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Reds enjoyed a 7-3 victory at the expense of the Pirates on Sunday, with D Straily throwing 6 innings of 3-hit ball at PNC Park.
The Cardinals endured a 6-3 loss at the hands of the Braves on Sunday, with A Wainwright throwing 6 innings of 9-hit ball at Busch Stadium.
- Cincinnati is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Cincinnati’s last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 7-1 ATS in its last 8 games when playing St. Louis
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- St. Louis is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of St. Louis’s last 11 games
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at St. Louis, Tuesday, August 9th