The Cincinnati Reds have become a steady OVER play in their recent outings with the final score topping the closing total in six of their past seven outings. The Reds will look to extend that streak when they start their weekday series against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Reds are 6-3 in their past nine against the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are 2-5 in their past seven games at home.
- Reds OF Billy Hamilton has re-joined the team, but will only be pinch-hitting.
The Reds are averaging five runs per game during that span while allowing 6.3 during their past five. The combined average of 11.3 runs per game is easily topping the average closing total of 7.8.
The Cardinals struggled mightily in the last series between the two teams dropping three of four earlier this month. The Cards averaged a mere three runs in those games while scoring less than two in three of them.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
St. Louis was a -194 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 7.5.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.7-4.5 victory for the Cardinals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The St. Louis Cardinals sport a record of 93-56 heading into this matchup, while the Cincinnati Reds sit at 63-85 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Cincinnati injuries news.
The St. Louis Cardinals sit at No. 26 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the Cincinnati Reds sit at No. 15 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Cincinnati Reds rank No. 17 at 8.59 hits per game. That compares with the St. Louis Cardinals No. 16 ranking in that category.
Defensively, Cincinnati features the No. 18-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.49 runs per game. St. Louis, meanwhile, comes in at No. 26 at home, scoring 3.8 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cincinnati didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 8-4 to Milwaukee on Sunday at Miller Park.
The Cardinals grabbed a win last time out, defeating J Lester and the Cubs 4-3 on Sunday at Wrigley Field.
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Cincinnati’s last 7 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games when playing St. Louis
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Cincinnati’s last 12 games when playing St. Louis
- St. Louis is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 5 games
- St. Louis is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at St. Louis, Tuesday, September 22nd