The not-so-good Cincinnati Reds continue their series with the league-leading Chicago Cubs Tuesday. Taking a hail mary on the Reds may not be the best decision, as Cincy has lost 13 of their past 14 games against the Cubs – which includes a 10-4 loss Monday.
- The Cubs are 8-0 in their past eight games against teams with losing records.
- The OVER is 11-2 in the past 13 games between the Reds and Cubs.
- The OVER is 6-0 in the Cubs’ past six afternoon games.
The Reds will send Brandon Finnegan to the mound with the youngster coming off the worst outing of his career. Finnegan was pulled just 2.1 innings into his last starts after allowing five hits, eight runs while registering five walks. Finnegan also struggled in his last start against the Cubs – though that came way back in April – as he gave up five earned runs before being yankedafter four innings.
John Lackey has had some less than stellar starts recently, but taking to the bump in Wrigley Field may cure what ails him. Lackey has a 2.01 ERA with opponents hitting just .201 when he gets the ball at home this season.
Cincinnati Reds vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs bring a 52-30 record to the battle against the 30-54 Reds. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Cincinnati injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 18-rated Chicago Cubs and the league No. 29-ranked Cincinnati Reds, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Offensively, the game matches up Chicago Cubs No. 2 ranked offense (5.28 runs per game) against a Cincinnati Reds defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 30 at 6.05 runs allowed per game. The Chicago Cubs have been averaging 8.65 hits per game, more than the Cincinnati Reds have managed so far this season (7.96 hits on average).
Comparing defensive stats, Cincinnati owns the No. 30-rated road mark, allowing 6.49 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 9 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cincinnati didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 10-4 to Chicago on Monday at Wrigley Field.
- Cincinnati is 3-10 ATS in its last 13 games
- Cincinnati is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Cincinnati’s last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Chi Cubs’s last 11 games
- Chi Cubs is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at Chicago, Wednesday, July 6th