The San Francisco Giants have been slumping since the All-Star break, but a series with the lowly Cincinnati Reds could be just what the doctor ordered to get them back on track.
- The Reds are 2-7 SU in their last nine games against the Giants.
- The total has gone UNDER in eight of the Giants’ last 10 games.
- The Reds are 2-7 SU in their last nine games after winning the previous game in a matchup.
Anthony DeSciafani and Jake Peavy are the probable starters. DeSciafani (5-0, 2.50 ERA) has posted six straight quality starts while lasting eight innings in two of them. The 26-year-old has not walked a batter in his last three outings.
Peavy (5-8, 5.15) was pounded for a season-high seven earned runs in a loss at Cincinnati on May 4, but the veteran is still 7-1 with a 2.92 ERA in his career against the Reds.
OVER bettors love seeing these teams collide. In the last nine matchups between the squads, the OVER is 8-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of -138 for the San Francisco Giants in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 8 at 5Dimes.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Reds to win this game 5.8-3.5. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cincinnati Reds vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 58-40 heading into this matchup, while the Cincinnati Reds sit at 38-60 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Cincinnati injuries news.
This game puts the San Francisco Giants, most recently No. 13 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Cincinnati Reds, who rate a No. 22 in the latest survey.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 15-rated offensive output, at 8.95 hits per game. The Cincinnati Reds average 8.13 hits per game, good for No. 25 on the list.
Defensively, Cincinnati features the No. 30-rated defense on the road, allowing 6.26 runs per game. San Francisco, meanwhile, comes in at No. 13 at home, scoring 4.5 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Reds endured a 9-8 loss at the hands of the Diamondbacks on Sunday, with B Finnegan throwing 5 innings of 7-hit ball at Great American Ball Park.
San Francisco didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-2 to New York on Sunday at Yankee Stadium.
- Cincinnati is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Cincinnati is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- Cincinnati is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- San Francisco is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- San Francisco is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 6 games
- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at San Francisco, Tuesday, July 26th