It’s seemed like the San Francisco Giants have taken an extended All-Star break, but a three-game series with the lowly Cincinnati Reds could go a long way to getting them back to their winning ways.
- The Reds are 11-3 SU in their last 14 games on the road against the Giants.
- The Reds are 4-0 SU in their last four games after a loss.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Giants’ last five games during the afternoon.
Dan Straily and Madison Bumgarner are the probable starters. Straily (5-6, 4.01 ERA) ended a six-start winless stretch in his last outing, striking out eight batters in six innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks. Straily is 2-0 with a 2.92 ERA in two career starts against the Giants.
Bumgarner (10-5, 2.14) is winless in his past two starts since the break, and he’s 3-3 with a 4.33 ERA in seven career starts against Cincinnati.
The OVER is sizzling when these teams collide. In the last last 11 meetings between the NL clubs, the OVER is 10-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the San Francisco Giants in this matchup found them as -225 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 7 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.4-4.7 victory for the Reds. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cincinnati Reds vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 59-41 heading into this matchup, while the Cincinnati Reds sit at 39-61 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Cincinnati injuries news.
The San Francisco Giants vs Cincinnati Reds odds would favor the Giants if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. San Francisco is rated No. 13 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Cincinnati is at No. 22.
At the plate, San Francisco owns the No. 12 ranking for hits at 8.97 per game. By contrast, the Cincinnati Reds are rated No. 25 in the same category at 8.17 per game.
San Francisco owns the No. 6 defense, allowing 4.61 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Cincinnati’s No. 30-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Cincinnati didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 9-7 to San Francisco on Tuesday at AT&T Park.
- Cincinnati is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Cincinnati is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- San Francisco is 1-9 ATS in its last 10 games
- San Francisco is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 8 of San Francisco’s last 12 games
- San Francisco is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at San Diego, Friday, July 29th
San Francisco home to Washington, Thursday, July 28th