Nothing has been going well for the Cincinnati Reds this season. Cincy ranks in the bottom third in most statistical categories and the team has won just two of their past 13 games. To make matters worse for the Reds’ faithful, the club continues a series against the Washington Nationals – a team that is currently riding a six-game winning streak – on Saturday.
- The UNDER is 5-1 in the past six meetings between the Reds and Nationals in Washington.
- Joe Ross has a 2.75 ERA in nine career starts against the NL Central.
- Joey Votto is 7-for-19 with two home runs and three doubles against the Nationals this season.
Dan Straily is currently in the midst of the worst stretch of his season heading into Saturday. In Straily’s past three starts – all of which were losses – the righty has given up 19 hits and 17 earned runs across just 14.0 innings. Straily put up a good performance in his first start against the Nats this season though, as he went 7.0 innings of just two hit, two run ball.
Joe Ross has seen his numbers plummet throughout the season. After posting a ridiculous 0.79 ERA in April, Ross tossed a respectable 3.32 ERA in May before allowing an awful 5.22 ERA in June. In fact, Ross allowed 17 runs through his five starts in June, which was one more than his previous 10 starts combined.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Washington Nationals in this matchup found them as -212 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 8.5 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 6.3-3.7 win for the Nationals on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Cincinnati Reds vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
49-32 Washington battles the Reds, currently with a 29-52 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Cincinnati injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Washington Nationals at No. 5 and the Cincinnati Reds at No. 29 heading into this contest.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Washington Nationals and its No. 12-rated batting order, averaging 4.67 runs per nine innings, against the No. 19 line up of the Cincinnati Reds at 4.22 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Washington has the No. 2-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Reds own the No. 30 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Reds got to extra innings, but lost when they got there against Washington on Friday; it was a 3-2 final at Nationals Park in MLB wagering action.
- Cincinnati is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cincinnati is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- Cincinnati is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- Cincinnati is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Washington is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games
- Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Cincinnati at Washington, Sunday, July 3rd