The New Orleans Saints were winners of three straight heading into last week’s tilt with the Tennessee Titans but couldn’t make it four in a row, falling to the lowly Titans 34-28 in front of their home crowd. Next up on the docket is another matchup with one of the NFL’s lower-tier clubs, as the Washington Redskins welcome Drew Brees and company to D.C. in NFL Week 10 action.
- The Redskins are 4-11 ATS in their last 15 games after a loss.
- The Saints are 1-5-1 ATS in their last seven games in November.
- The Redskins are 0-8 SU and 1-7 ATS in their last eight games in November.
For some reason, home field advantage hasn’t been much of an advantage at all in this matchup. The road team is 7-1 SU and 6-2 ATS in the last eight meetings between the clubs.
New Orleans, who has a bye in Week 11, has historically performed well before taking the week off. The Saints are 6-1 SU and 5-2 ATS in their last seven games prior to the bye.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans have been looking at a pick’em all week long, while the total has been sitting at 50.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 28-23 win for the Saints on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NFL matchups here.
New Orleans Saints vs Washington Redskins Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New Orleans Saints will try to spoil to the party on Sunday; they are 4-4-1 ATS against the spread this season, while the Washington Redskins are 3-5 ATS. New Orleans is 5-3-1 on the over under betting totals; Washington is 3-5. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs New Orleans injuries news.
The Washington Redskins sit at No. 28 in the current NFL Power Rankings here at Odds – VSB
, while the New Orleans Saints are at No. 18 on that chart.
Offensively, the game matches up the Washington Redskins No. 28-ranked offense (19.75 PPG) against a New Orleans Saints defense that ranks No. 31 at 29.78 PPG. The Redskins passing attack has averaged 237.75 yards per game, less than the Saints give up through the air (292.22 YPG on average).
Defensively, the New Orleans Saints feature the league’s No. 20-rated road run defense, allowing 125 yards per game. The Washington Redskins, meanwhile, ranks No. 10 in rushing offense at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Drew Brees beat the Titans secondary for 3 TDs last time out, but the Saints lost to Tennessee 34-28 at Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
The Redskins suffered a Week 9 loss against New England in their last game, falling 27-10 at Gillette Stadium.
- New Orleans is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- New Orleans is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of New Orleans’s last 12 games on the road
- New Orleans is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 6-15 ATS in its last 21 games
- Washington is 4-12 SU in its last 16 games
- Washington is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games at home
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
New Orleans at Houston, Sunday, November 29th
Washington at Carolina, Sunday, November 22nd