Two of the top powers in the Western Conference are set to collide for the first time this season as Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors travel to the Lone Star State for a matchup with James Harden and the Houston Rockets. The Dubs won all four regular season meetings against the Rockets last year and knocked off Houston in the second round of the playoffs, claiming the series in five games en route to becoming NBA champions for the first time since 1975. Golden State covered the spread in each of the aforementioned matchups.
- The UNDER is 4-1 in the last five meetings between the clubs.
- The Rockets are 7-0 ATS in their last seven games as home underdogs.
- The Warriors are 21-5-1 ATS in their last 27 games playing on 2 days rest.
Houston big man Dwight Howard will be making his debut after sitting out the season opener due to a suspension stemming back to his abundance of flagrant fouls in the 2014/15 postseason. Howard’s presence will be a welcome sight for the Rockets, who were dominated by the lowly Denver Nuggets 105-85 in an embarrassing affair.
Golden State starting center Andrew Bogut will not travel with the team thanks to a concussion he suffered in the Warriors’ 111-95 win over the Pelicans Tuesday evening.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Houston Rockets opened as -1.5-point favorites at online sportsbook BetOnline, while the NBA total line was sitting around 217.5 at Bodog for those who prefer OVER/UNDER betting on the total amount of points scored.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 112-102 result in favor of the Warriors. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Golden State Warriors vs Houston Rockets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Houston Rockets bring a 0-1 record (0-1 ATS) to the battle against the 1-0 Golden State Warriors, who are 1-0 ATS. Fans OVER/UNDER betting have seen Houston Rockets go 0-1 so far and the Golden State Warriors go 0-1. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Golden State injuries news.
According to the betting Power Rankings at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 11-rated Houston Rockets and the No. 1-rated Warriors in this NBA basketball matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Golden State is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Golden State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Golden State’s last 19 games
- Golden State is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Houston is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games
- Houston is 9-4 ATS in its last 13 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Golden State at New Orleans, Saturday, October 31st
Houston at Miami, Sunday, November 1st