The Texas Rangers continue to establish themselves as the best team in the American League and can complete a sweep when they host the Colorado Rockies on Thursday afternoon for the finale of their four-game, home-and-home interleague set.
- The Rockies are 13-5 ATS in their last 18 games.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of the Rangers’ last 14 games in August.
- The Rockies are 5-19 SU in their last 24 games against the American League West division.
Chad Bettis and Lucas Harrell will take the bump for the Rockies and Rangers, respectively. Bettis (10-6, 5.13 ERA) extended his unbeaten streak to six starts in his last appearance, notching his fourth victory in that span. Bettis is 5-4 with a 4.95 ERA in 13 road starts this year.
Harrell (3-2, 3.46) fell to 2-3 in five career outings against Colorado on July 15 when he was tagged for seven runs on seven hits and three walks in 3 2/3 innings.
Taking care of the Rockies has been no problem for the Rangers in recent tilts. Texas has won five straight contests against Colorado.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those going with the Texas Rangers in this one found them listed on the odds board as moneyline favorites of -147 at BetOnline for Thursday’s contest. The betting total was hovering near 10.5 at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Rangers to win this game 5.4-4.9. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Colorado Rockies vs Texas Rangers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Texas (68-47) will face the 55-59 Rockies in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Texas vs Colorado injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Texas Rangers rated this week at No. 14 and the Colorado Rockies sitting at No. 3.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Texas Rangers and its No. 9-rated batting order, averaging 4.67 runs per nine innings, against the No. 2 line up of the Colorado Rockies at 5.18 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Texas has the No. 19-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Rockies own the No. 27 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Colorado looks to rebound from a loss to the Rangers, who beat them 5-4 on Wednesday behind a start from M Perez at Globe Life Park.
- Colorado is 13-5 ATS in its last 18 games
- Colorado is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 17 of Colorado’s last 25 games
- Colorado is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 9 of Texas’s last 11 games
- Texas is 2-10 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Texas is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Colorado at Philadelphia, Friday, August 12th
Texas home to Detroit, Friday, August 12th