The surprising Colorado Rockies have been getting the job done, but they haven’t been making it easy on themselves. Colorado, which has won five of its last six, blew a nine-run lead before holding on to win a crazy game over the New York Yankees on Tuesday by a score of 13-10. Colorado can complete a brief two-game interleague sweep of the Yanks on Wednesday afternoon.
– Shark Bites
- The Yankees are 2-6 SU in their last 8 games on the road.
- The Rockies are 4-10 SU in their last 14 games as a moneyline underdog of -105 or more.
- The Yankees are 1-5 OU in their last 6 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
Ivan Nova and Chad Bettis are slated to get the start for the Yankees and Rockies, respectively. Nova (5-3, 4.39 ERA) won his second-straight outing by holding the L.A. Angels to three runs over 6.5 innings in his last outing, but that was the first time he’s allowed fewer than four runs over his last four starts.
Bettis (4-5, 5.85) is stuck in an ugly four-start winless street, but he recorded a no-decision in his last outing against the Pirates despite allowing five runs over three innings. Bettis has given up six home runs while allowing 22 runs over 16.5 innings in his last four starts.
New York Yankees vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
31-33 Colorado battles the Yankees, currently with a 31-33 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs New York injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Colorado Rockies rated this week at No. 16 and the New York Yankees sitting at No. 15.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Colorado Rockies and its No. 4-rated batting order, averaging 5.12 runs per nine innings, against the No. 24 line up of the New York Yankees at 4.02 runs per outing.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Colorado has the No. 28-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Yankees own the No. 16 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
New York suffered a 13-10 loss against Colorado on Tuesday, as N Eovaldi wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Coors Field.
- NY Yankees is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Colorado
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games when playing Colorado
- NY Yankees is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing on the road against Colorado
- Colorado is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- Colorado is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- Colorado is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- Colorado is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing NY Yankees
Next Betting Matchups
New York at Minnesota, Thursday, June 16th
Colorado at Miami, Friday, June 17th
Tagged with: feature