The Astros will look to grab a commanding 2-0 lead in their five-game series vs the Royals when they send Scott Kazmir to the mound to take on Johnny Cueto. Kazmir has struggled in eight career playoff games, putting up a 1-2 record with a 5.20 ERA and has the same amount of strikeouts as he does walks, 28.
- The Royals are 1-3 in their last four games at home.
- The Royals are 1-4 in their last five playoff games.
- In 12 career at bats vs Cueto, Astros OF Carlos Gomez has a .333 average and two home runs.
Cueto hasn’t fared much better in his limited playoff history. In 8.2 innings pitched as a member of the Reds, Cueto has allowed five runs with only three strikeouts. Cueto also hit a major rough patch in September, posting a 1-4 record with a 6.11 ERA.
As bad as Cueto was in September, Kazmir was surprisingly worse. In six September starts he allowed eight home runs and had a 6.52 ERA, allowing batters to hit .328 against him. His teams are 1-6 in his last seven starts against the Royals, but his first start as a member of the Astros came against the Royals, and it was a success. In seven innings of work he limited the Royals to three hits, and allowed zero runs.
The Astros have been road warriors as of late, going 5-1 in their last six road games.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Odds – VSB
computer score prediction models pick a possible 5.5-4 win for the Astros on Friday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Houston Astros vs Kansas City Royals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
95-68 Kansas City battles the Astros, currently with a 88-76 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Kansas City vs Houston injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 19 (Kansas City Royals) and the No. 7 (Houston Astros) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Houston Astros rank No. 24 at 8.41 hits per game. That compares with the Kansas City Royals No. 4 ranking in that category.
Houston brings the No. 5-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Royals’s No. 10-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Houston rolled to a 5-2 win against Kansas City on Thursday, as C McHugh and the Astros’ bats led the team to victory at Kauffman Stadium.
- Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Houston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games on the road
- Kansas City is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games
- Kansas City is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Houston home to Kansas City, Sunday, October 11th