The St. Louis Cardinals have not been giving the home crowd much to cheer about; as the team has dropped their past five games at Busch Stadium. The Cards have averaged just two runs per game in that span and have lost the past three at home by just one run. St. Louis will return from an eight-game road trip when they host the Kansas City Royals Wednesday.
- The Royals are 13-25 on the road this season, which is the third worst in the MLB.
- The Cardinals have won five of their past six meetings with the Royals.
- The Royals are 10-4 ATS in their past 14 games against teams with winning records.
Edinson Volquez – who gets the start for the Royals – is coming off one of the worst statistical outings in baseball history. The right-hander allowed eight hits and 12 runs while walking three in just one inning of work against the Astros in his last start.
In stark contrast to Volquez’ recent struggles, the Cardinals will send Carlos Martinez to the bump Wednesday. Martinez has been lights out since the calendar flipped to June, with the righty going 2-0 with a 1.59 ERA in four starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Kansas City Royals listed as underdogs of 158 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.3-4.4 victory for the Royals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (40-36) will face the 40-36 Royals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Kansas City injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 8-ranked St. Louis Cardinals and the No. 23-rated Kansas City Royals in this matchup.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the St. Louis Cardinals No. 4-ranked scoring average of 5.29 runs per game, against a Kansas City Royals offense rated No. 23 and scoring 4.09 runs per game. The Cardinals have averaged 9.05 hits per game to date this season, less than the Royals hitters have managed (9.53 per nine innings).
St. Louis owns the No. 13 defense, allowing 5.29 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Kansas City’s No. 12-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Kansas City is 11-5 ATS in its last 16 games
- Kansas City is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 6 games
- Kansas City is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- St. Louis is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of St. Louis’s last 6 games
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at St. Louis, Thursday, June 30th