A day after their extra-inning loss to the Royals, the Cardinals will call upon Mike Leake (5-5, 4.25 ERA) in hopes of salvaging a series split in their interleague matchup with the defending World Series Champs. KC will counter with Chris “Not So” Young (2-7, 6.54 ERA) as they try to regain ground on the streaking Indians.
– Shark BITES
- The Royals are 2-5 in their last 7 games against the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are 24-6 in their last 30 games as a moneyline favorite of -180 or more.
- The Royals are 0-8 in their last 8 games as a moneyline underdog of +150 or more.
Young has been back-and-forth between the bullpen and the starters bump in a season he has not faired too well. The 11-year-vet has posted a 9.70 ERA in five road starts this year that have all resulted in Kansas City losses.
Mike Leake, a Cards’ offseason acquisition, has been okay this year, posting numbers similar to his career averages, and those numbers are pretty damn average. He won’t be surprising anyone with a no-hitter or anything, but he should be able to keep his team in most games and especially tonight vs the struggling Young.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the St. Louis Cardinals as -171 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 8.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Royals to win this game 6.8-4.3. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (40-37) will face the 41-36 Royals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs Kansas City injuries news.
The St. Louis Cardinals sit at No. 8 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark , while the Kansas City Royals sit at No. 23 on the same chart.
At the plate, St. Louis owns the No. 10 ranking for hits at 9.06 per game. By contrast, the Kansas City Royals are rated No. 2 in the same category at 9.58 per game.
Defensively, Kansas City features the No. 14-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.31 runs per game. St. Louis, meanwhile, comes in at No. 16 at home, scoring 4.41 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Royals beat St. Louis in extra innings, earning a 3-2 victory at Busch Stadium in MLB wagering action.
- Kansas City is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games
- Kansas City is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Kansas City is 3-11 SU in its last 14 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Kansas City’s last 5 games on the road
- St. Louis is 6-3 ATS in its last 9 games
- St. Louis is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- St. Louis is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- St. Louis is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at Philadelphia, Friday, July 1st
St. Louis home to Milwaukee, Friday, July 1st
Tagged with: feature