Maybe the seventh time will be the charm, as the Kansas City Royals have lost their past six games at Progressive Field. The Royals have been outscored 32-11 in their past six games against the Indians in Cleveland, including a 2-1 loss on Tuesday. The Royals and Indians continue their three-game series in Cleveland Wednesday.
- Ian Kennedy has a 5.59 ERA in six career starts against the Indians.
- The total has gone OVER in 19 of the Royals’ last 23 games.
- The Indians are 12-2 SU in their last 14 games as home favorites.
Ian Kennedy has been on fire for the Royals, as the pitcher has posted a 2.14 ERA while registering more strikeouts than hits in his past 10 starts. Kennedy has held the opposition to two or fewer runs in eight of his past 10 outings.
Corey Kluber is putting up Cy Young type numbers, as the righty has tallied a 2.40 ERA while allowing opponents to hit just .207 in his 12 starts since the All-Star break. Kluber has faired well against the Royals this season as well, with a 2.50 ERA in two outings against KC.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Cleveland Indians as -188 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 7.5 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.2-2.7 win for the Indians. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cleveland Indians bring a 87-63 record to the battle against the 77-74 Royals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Kansas City injuries news.
The Cleveland Indians sit at No. 6 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Kansas City Royals sit at No. 20 on the same chart.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Cleveland Indians and its No. 4-rated batting order, averaging 4.87 runs per nine innings, against the No. 25 line up of the Kansas City Royals at 4.15 runs per outing.
Cleveland owns the No. 7 defense, allowing 4.87 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Kansas City’s No. 10-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Kansas City looks to rebound from a loss to the Indians, who beat them 2-1 on Tuesday behind a start from J Tomlin at Progressive Field.
- Kansas City is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games
- Kansas City is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 19 of Kansas City’s last 23 games
- Kansas City is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Cleveland’s last 6 games
- Cleveland is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at Cleveland, Thursday, September 22nd